Switch Development Units SDEV and EDEV

Discussion in 'Switch Hacking Discussion' started by ryanrocks462, Feb 9, 2017.

1. ryanrocks462

ryanrocks462 New Member

Edit : About pricing verification, These prices are for SDEV and EDEV listed on SDSG Pre-orders, : Panda Equivalent units may be cheaper than what is listed below.

Before I discuss anything, whoever you are meme, stop being a little script kiddie and sending shit to [hidden name]. Get off your little vpn hehe.
    Also, you know, not like I posted these pics months ago before the switch reveal smh :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, I guess I can finally talk about the Dev Units huh? :p

SDEV:
    Firstly, Here we have the SDEV, much like its predecessor the Wii U : "CAT-DEV", it has a built in Debugger and Capture as well as the option for expansive memory. [Up to 3 additional GB of ram for testing]!
    Their is an upgradeable NAND storage option at the time of purchasing for $250.00 more.
    SDEV itself is $1,500 by default, which includes the Debugger and Capture options with there respective licenses.
    Here is a Picture of the SDEV I originally posted on October 19th , 2016 : The night before the Nintendo Switch Reveal : [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    EDEV:
    Secondly, Here we have the EDEV, much like its predecessor the Wii U : "CAT-R", it resembles the retail console for final testing. [Since it resembles retail, it has no debugging features nor expandable memory]!
    Their is an upgradeable NAND storage option at the time of purchasing for $250.00 more as well on EDEV!
    EDEV itself is $800 by default and $1,000 with the upgradable Nand storage.
    Here is a Picture of the EDEV:
    [​IMG]
    EDEV's official specs [and yes they resemble retail] :

[​IMG]

Software Development Kits [sdk]
    Currently their are 3 revisions of the Switch SDK
    HAT_SDK - [Resembles Development]
    HAC_SDK - [Resembles Retail]
    NX_SDK - For Nintendo Switch [resembles universal plugins across unity and unreal engine]

Currently to obtain the Nintendo Switch SDK, you must receive a MegaZarf file from the Software Development Support Group [SDSG] for Nintendo Dev Interface[NDI]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario Moderator Staff Member

Are you actually allowed to share this information?

3. pwsincd

pwsincd Administrator Staff Member

interesting Ryan , i do have to ask whats under the orange squares ? :)

4. ryanrocks462

ryanrocks462 New Member

lmao no but who cares :^ )

5. ryanrocks462

ryanrocks462 New Member

just a few private links, i didn't wanna crop the original image so i blocked a few things out.

6. victormr21

victormr21 New Member

I think Nintendo doesn't want to share Switch's SDK until March/April... But i want this MegaZarf file now!!
    If you open it with WinRar it has the SDK .zip file in a folder and then a few documentation files
    I suppose that you don't want to share the Megazarf file no?
    Bye!

7. Platinum Lucario

Platinum Lucario New Member

Technically speaking, if I got my hands on the SDKs, I would already be reverse engineering their software to find out more information about the Nintendo Switch, as well as finding exploits in the hardware, including the development units.

I was actually thinking about applying for a developer's account on Nintendo's developer portal, but then I realised that it actually is more difficult to remain anonymous to Nintendo, especially since I've heard that people have to also sign an NDA, and they ask for your personal information as well, so they can use that against you at any time, anywhere, if you do something they don't like. Nintendo may make it sound like it's easy to just apply for one by just filling out a few details, but I'm quite certain that I've heard that there's a lot more involved than just that to even get a developer's account on there.

That's why I'd be more interested in downloading it elsewhere without having to give out personally sensitive information to a big multinational giant, otherwise I'd be completely under Nintendo's shackles.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  8. victormr21

victormr21 New Member

I talked with SDSG and obviusly they said me that currently then can't provide this information. They will post in Nintendo Dev Portal when they think its approppiate/good ....

9. ryanrocks462

ryanrocks462 New Member

No mainly cause "muh special"
    Kek SDSG is still fanny :^)

10. ryanrocks462

ryanrocks462 New Member

>Implying we're not already
    I mean we already have parsers :p
    Not to mention NCA is the executable format that can be imported from devmenu
    Then theirs the CDK which is like a type of tga huehue

11. victormr21

victormr21 New Member

Well, like this thread is about Switch dev kits i will tell a new:
    The Nintendo Switch Dev Kits will cost 50.000 yen and approximately 443$ and 417€
    And Ryan... I don't want be heavy but some pictures, console's structure...
    In Cafe SDK there is a folder that contains mlc, slc, etc....
    Bye!

12. Aqua

Aqua New Member

what's your source, or is this just predictions?

13. ryanrocks462

ryanrocks462 New Member

Those are the Panda [3ds] equivalent units afaik [source is the con that came from lol]
    Also, of course cafe sdk contains the Nand structure, They are for CAT-DEV Emulation iirc but why are you mentioning that?

Edit: i'm not sure if your the meme I mentioned in the OP, but if you are plz gtfo, if you are not my bad >w<, stay <3

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  14. victormr21

victormr21 New Member

On the February 18th on the "Game Creator's Conference" (idk how to say it well) Masaru Mitsuyoshi, from Nintendo and Masaru Ijuin, from Capcom talked about some interesting things about the console, one of them the Nintendo Switch Development Kit Prices
    They said that they want ""cost them" for about 50.000 yen
    I don't remember the source (it was a Spanish web) but I'm sure if you search this you will find it!

Nothing interesting, I wanted some of the SDK (well I wanted/want entire but with something I'm happy) so I said that for if you could say the Switch "Filesystem"

No, I'm not this guy called "meme"
    1- I don't know why because I won't have any problem saying it
    2- I don't hate you, I don't have no reasons and I don't know you, idk if this is true or false
    Bye!